Skip to main content

Inveready heads up a capital expansion of Sepmag Technologies, a biotechnological company

By 25 de February de 2009No Comments
< Back to news

Inveready heads up a capital expansion of Sepmag Technologies, a biotechnological company

has closed this week a first finance rounf for 300,000 euros, to which a further 600,000 will be added in the form of participative loans. The transaction was headed up by , a risk capital firm based at the Barcelona Science Park, that will control nearly 40% of the company's shares. Lluis M. Martínez, founder partner of the company and director general of Sepmag will control the remaining 60%.

Sepmag Technologies is a company based at the Technological Park of the Valles, specialising in the development of devices to speed up biotechnological processes in protein purification and separation. According to company sources, the resources achieved with this first round secure financing for R&D programmes at Sepmag for the next 36 months.

The firm Inveready specialises in investing capital in newly created Spanish technological companies and has recently succesfully completed a capital extension of 13,000,000 €. At present, it has more than 50 shareholders, being the most representative the actual executive directors of Inveready, leaded by the chief executive officer Mr. Josep Maria Echarri, whom on his own, holds nearly 7% of the capital shares, which has turned him into the company’s first private shareholder with the highest number of shares. Caixa Laietana and different prestigious Spanish Family Offices hold approximately 5% of the capital.

The objective of Inveready, which holds a 30% share stake in Aleria Biodevices, a biotech company, is to expand its portfolio of shareholding companies to between 30 and 40 investment deals in a four-year period from contributions in the 100,000 to 500,000 euro range to technological companies at their initial expansion phase.